Friday, May 30, 2008

What was I thinking???


Okay, so for those of you who love to paint, I applaud you. You see, I always thought I loved to paint, although I've only painted once in my whole life and that was our family room in Asheville (which by the way, turned out really good). Anyhow, after that I contracted bacterial pneumonia and ended up in the hospital for a week...at which time Cleo informed me I would NEVER be able to paint again because it was just too risky with my asthma and sinus troubles. Well, I don't like to take no for an answer and have been begging to paint again. After careful consideration, he decided that it would be okay for me to paint the ramps and lattice around the bottom of the shed since it was outside and there would be plenty of ventilation. Well, because I'm not very experienced at this whole painting thing, I waited to start the job until yesterday afternoon...that's right afternoon in Georgia in this heat!!! What an idiot I am, but I did manage to get the ramp part done before almost passing out from heat stroke. I decided to get up early (well 9:30!) this morning and finish the rest. I did get the front and noticeable side done before my paintbrush gave out. You can't even see the other side unless you are in the backyard and go into the woods looking for it, so I think I will take my time getting a new paintbrush to finish that side. After this is done, I will NEVER ask to paint again and will be happy to let Cleo do it or hire it out. It's a good thing you can't look too closely at the picture or you could really see my "handy work" and I'm sure you would all just die laughing.

1 comment:

Zach and Sara said...

Mama, I think you paint job looks great. How was your asthma a while after? Did it seem to affect you or do you think it was good to be outside? I always thought I loved to paint too until I had to do it once. You probably still do though just not in mid afternoon GA heat! Dad's shed looks good and your paint job looks great. I love and miss you guys!