Monday, May 26, 2008

All About Cleo









This weekend was definately all about Cleo. He started off by going to work for a few hours Sat. morning and getting home around 9:30. He has a pretty good crew working for him and was able to leave them to work without his help for the rest of the day. He headed straight for the back yard to build ramps for his new shed so we could get the riding mower out of the garage. He worked straight through the HEAT, bugs and sweat and finished in late afternoon. On Sunday we invited Jarod and Lindsey and 2 other couples over for a bbq---but it wasn't all fun and games, we definately had an agenda!! You see, Cleo got a 24 gun safe that weighs around 600 pounds about a month ago and it's been sitting in the garage, not being very useful and we (no me) decided it was time to get it up to the "mancave" where it was intended to be. The sporting goods store wanted $20 a stair and with 16 stairs going up to the mancave that was just a bit too much to spend, so we decided if we fed the "help" maybe they wouldn't mind helping get that thing up the stairs. Well, after waiting for quite a while for the last couple to show up, Cleo, Jarod and Jeff decided to go it alone and get that thing where it belonged. Well, after a serious struggle with the staircase (one in which the staircase dang near won!) they were able to get it up with only one minor injury...that being Jarods' toe. You see, it was under the safe when they set it upright---OUCH!! He said it was okay, but it looked pretty sore to me. I guess someone was bound to have a "battle wound" after that task, but we did feed them well afterwards. We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and evening eating and playing cornhole. Today, Cleo was able to finish putting the lattice around the bottom of the shed. It really looks nice and it's now my job to paint the ramps and lattice. I am praying for a cool day this week so I can get it done in one day. Wish me luck.




And last, but not least I just want to take this opportunity to say Thank You to all the men and women who are serving all over the world. I so appreciate their sacrifices and to all those before them and know for a fact that we wouldn't enjoy all our freedoms in this wonderful country if it weren't for them. I want to personally thank my Dad, father in law, brother, son in law and nephew as well as my grandfathers, uncles and cousins who served (or may still be serving). I pray that our Heavenly Father will watch all those who serve and protect them from harm and bring them home to us soon.

3 comments:

Zach and Sara said...

Wow Mama, I would say that's a busy weekend! I was laughing when I read because your sarcasm in a few statements! You always make me laugh. I think I already need a trip out there so I can see the new shed! Hopefully Jarod's toe heals okay!! I love you mama.

Rasmussens said...

Look at Uncle Kevin working so hard. Looks like you guys live in a great place. I love your backyard. Tell everyone hello.
Love you guys

Cisneros Family said...

Just want to say Hi. Tell Uncle Kevin Hi for me. It sounds like things are going great too. Tell Jarod and Lindsey hi as well. Talk to you soon.