Monday, June 2, 2008

No More Painting for me...EVER!

Okay, so it's official---I will not be finishing the painting of the shed. After going into the woods behind the shed with Cleo yesterday to lay out corn for the deer...we stumbled onto a snake!!! I'm pretty sure if my bladder hadn't been empty already, it would've for sure after that. Cleo tried to shrug it off and had hoped I wouldn't see it but it was too late. After we got back into the yard he told me he was pretty sure it was a copperhead. I told him that I wouldn't be going back into the woods with sandals on ever and I was for sure not going to sit on the side of the shed that faces the woods and finish painting. Now, I don't consider myself to be a wuss at all, but there are just some things (snakes and mice) that really creep me out. Anyhow, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

4 comments:

Rasmussens said...

I am impressed you did what you did. I am with you, if I saw a snake or a spider it would be over. You are a good woman. Love you guys

Meg said...

Maybe you should listen to your hubby :-) I feel the same way about painting and I have to paint my entire wall white again before I move YUCK.. sure you don't want to make a quick visit to NY and help.. I sure hope we get to see you guys soon hopefully in Chicago.. of course you are ALWAYS welcome.

Audrey said...

I'm glad you're done painting for now! :) You've had fun moving into this house havn't you! :) I'm glad that you get to be closer to Jarod and Lindsay. Tell them hi for us! We're doing good just busy as always. I wish we could come out when mom and dad do to come see your new home. My dad is very excitied! He loves spending any time with Cleo. Love ya! PS there's a picture on here of Cleo working kind of crouched down, his posture looks just like Matt. Those two, it's funny how much they look alike sometimes.

Zach and Sara said...

You are brave just for being out there. I saw the bugs when I was there and that's enough to keep me out! I'm sure the shed looks fine with one side not painted. Let's be honest, snakes never judge. I don't think...I love you and get to see you soon. Yay!!!