Monday, May 12, 2008

Wonderful Mothers Day Weekend.....

Mom and I before Church
Jarod and Cleo playing cornhole
Lindsey and I playing cornhole
The big match with Cleo, Lindsey, Granny and Pa
Granny, Jarod, Lindsey and Pa
My beautiful Mothers' Day flowers from Lindsey and Jarod

What a wonderful weekend we had. My parents arrived on Friday afternoon and we spent the evening catching up. On Saturday we drove up to Atlanta and spent the day at Jarod and Lindseys' house. Jarod BBQ'd ribs and I made a macaroni salad and calico beans and had ordered a white chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting from a great bakery called A Piece Of Cake. We had such a good day and the weather was overcast and warm, but not too hot. On Sunday, my Mom and I went to church in the morning and then Jarod and Lindsey came down and spent the day with us. It was so great to spend Mothers' Day with my Mom. She is such a great mom and grandma and I love her so much. I am grateful to her for teaching me the value of family, service to others and just how to be a good person. I strive every day to be more like her and hope I can get there someday. Thanks Mom...I love you. Thank you also to Patsy for raising such a wonderful son whom I love with all my heart. He is such a good husband and Dad and has taught me so much about life and love, which I'm sure he learned from his Mom. I also want to wish our beautiful daughter, Cori a happy Mothers' Day. She is an amazing Mom to our 2 beautiful granddaughters and she continues to amaze us with her parenting skills. To all the other Moms out there I applaud you all. It is truly the most amazing blessing to be a Mother and have the opportunity to raise kids.


After we ate dinner; shrimp and grits that Lindsey had made--yummy!--we played a game called Cornhole (not what you think!) in our back yard. It's kinda like horseshoes, but you have a 2x4 ft. board with a 6 1/2 " hole in the top with one end that tilts up and you set them 25 feet apart and then throw 4 bean bags filled with corn and try to get them in the holes. You play with 2 on a team and go to 21 points. It was so much fun and Jarod and I were a team most of the day and I have to tell you, we Kicked some Butt!!! We played for several hours and did switch the teams up some and even had my parents playing. We then sat in the hot tub and just relaxed and then Jarod and Lindsey had to leave around 10:00 pm to go home. It was a great weekend and I only wish my other kids could've been there to enjoy it with us. It was probably the best Mothers' Day I've had in years, but then, pretty much every day is a gift and I try to live my life with that philosophy.

2 comments:

Lesli said...

Hey Marc and Kev! So i just discovered that you guys have a blog. You guys look great and warm! I wish Rexburg would be warm, better yet I wish I wasn't in Rexburg :)

Rasmussens said...

Hope that you had a great Mother's day. That is so fun you had your mom and at least one of your kids. Tell them all hello.