Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Acts of Stupidity!!

In my constant quest to find interesting things to blog about, well should I just say that this week I lack in that category! All I can say is that this past week has been full of "random acts of stupidness (is that even a word?). It started with a little accident when I was headed to my friends pool. I guess I wasn't paying a lot of attention and I rear-ended a lady at a stop light. I really just "bumped" her, but she insisted on calling the police and wouldn't even move her car off to the side of the road to await their arrival. Well, it was noon on the busiest road in Newnan and I immediately grabbed my cell phone to call Cleo and ask how to turn on the emergency flashers so that people would stop beeping their horns at me for not moving. You see, I've never had to use the flashers and I seriously didn't know how to turn them on. Well, the police showed up 20 minutes later, immediately asked us to pull off the road so traffic could resume and she wrote it all up. I was relieved when I wasn't given a ticket and there was no damage to either car. The funniest part was that I was in a bikini with just a tank top over it and the lady I hit really didn't see the humor in that!!!

The next act of stupidity was over the weekend when I was "helping" Cleo to remove the trees and bushes he had cleared in the woods. I thought I was being very helpful, but I guess I should've paid more attention to what I was grabbing because obviously I got into some poison oak or ivy and of course I started to "scratch" my face and neck and by the time I realized what it was, I had it all over! Of course I'm too vain to take a picture and post it, but trust me, it isn't a pretty sight. I got hydracortisone cream and calamine lotion the next day and it's a struggle to remember to wash the calamine off my face before going out in public. I am just praying it will clear up before heading to Wyoming this week. That same day, Cleo had a little incident with the chain saw...and was grabbing a tree to drag without putting down the chainsaw and he "cut" his knee. Thank goodness it wasn't very deep and we didn't have to make a quick trip to the ER and he is fine now. I'm just thankful that the "stupidness" wasn't reserved just for me!!

The last thing that I will bore you with is this...I was getting dressed yesterday and had put on a pair of jean shorts. They are from last year and are a bit big so I don't have to unbutton or unzip them to get them on and usually just pull them on. Well, I did this and thought they felt different so I looked in the mirror to figure out what was different and discovered that I had them on backwards...YUP backwards! I always wondered what the back of the shorts look like when you wear them???

I guess we don't lead a very exciting life if this is all I have to blog about but at least we get a lot of laughs at our house. Maybe this will make you laugh as well....

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Hey Aunt Marcy, I know we are the worst bloggers ever! :) We've had way too much going on. But things are going good. I wish we too could come out with mom and dad and the grandparents to come see you guys. You will have a lot of fun with that. That's fun that you got to dog sit for a while. Are you going to get a dog again now that you're setteled? Any ways we're doing great here, just working on getting me through school stuff. Any ways we miss you and love you lots. Love, Audrey

Rasmussens said...

YOu crack me up. I love reading your blog, because it always bring a smile to my face. The pants on backwards, that is a great one. Hope Uncle Kev is okay. Please tell him hello. Love you both.

Zach and Sara said...

Oh man, what a weekend you had! I was laughing so hard on the phone when you were telling me everything. I still wish you put pictures up of your poisen ivy! I'm sure you still looked beautiful! You always do. I agree with Brooke, I think the funniest part is puting your shorts on backwards. OOPS! I love you!