Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Marcys' Creek


This is a look at my latest "yard project". I got tired of the rainwater washing away the mulch in the flower bed, so I decided to build a little trench and line it with river rock to drain the water into the yard. Although it might not look like much, it took me a good hour and a half to dig the trench, smooth it out and lay the rock down. It was nice and shady in that area while I was doing the project, but I was still sweating like a pig. More than likely it was from the manual labor and not the heat!! I think I need a little more rock to put in it, but was pretty proud how it turned out. I just can't tell you how much fun it is to work in this yard. It is so nice knowing this is our home and we aren't doing all this work for the next owners or worse, the landlords! We still have lots we want to do with the yard, but we have all the time in the world now and that's half the fun --anticipating the next project.

2 comments:

Rasmussens said...

You are so creative I love it.  Hope you had a great weekend.  Tell Uncle Kev I love him and wish him a Happy Fathers day.  We  love you guys

Zach and Sara said...

Mama, your creek looks fabulous. You are so cute and creative that I know you are going to do amazing things in your yard. Mama, i'm missing you soooooo much and wishing more than ever that Zach didn't have a business here to attend to. I would move out there without a second though. I'm just missing you and wishing you and I were closer. I love you so much!