Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer


This has been a great week. I had quite a few things going on earlier in the week, but by Friday when my friend Heidi called me to go lay out at the pool in their community, I was more than ready for a break from the heat. It has been in the mid to high 90's this week and there's just nothing better than a dip in the pool to cool you off. I do miss having a pool close by, but unless we have one put in the backyard (a girl can dream, can't she?) I will just have to take advantage of friends with pools. I enjoyed the day with her and her two kids and had fun laying out and doing a little girl talking with the other ladies at the pool.


Today, Cleo and I got up early and went to downtown Newnan to Market Days. It's the first Saturday of the month from spring to sometime in the fall and people just set up booths to sell homemade goodies, crafts, jewelry, pottery, etc. It was really fun (even in the heat) and it's nice to get out and meet the locals. After that, we ran some errands then went to have lunch at Taco Mac where they have great wings and chips w/queso. We then went to Home Depot where we had to buy a chainsaw for Cleo. I swear, we can't get near Home Depot or Lowes anymore without dropping at least $200!! After resting a bit when we got home, Cleo then went into the woods to do some more clearing with the new chainsaw. Our yard is really starting to take shape and hopefully by the end of summer it will look like we want it to. Our goal is to put in a sprinkler system next summer, but for now we are doing the watering the old fashioned way and dragging the hoses around. Cleo did buy (another Home Depot weekend ago) a little lawn tractor that you hook to the hose and it follows the path of the hose. I guess they've been around for years because he said he remembers when his Dad or Grandpa used to have one. It is pretty cool and at least you don't have to move the sprinkler constantly---but for $70, it should turn itself on and off at least!!! We do have a couple small sprinklers to get the spots where the little tractor can't reach. It's been a great weekend and we just love our lives out here in the country.

1 comment:

Zach and Sara said...

Hey mama, you and dad are so lucky that you have Market days out there. We don't have anything like that out here. ugh! I bet your yard is look fantastic. It looked great while we were there and I know you have done a TON to it since. I'm also envious if your weather. It was almost tank top weather while we were there and I wore a turtle neck here yesterday! Sad, very sad. Think in just 3 weeks you and dad get to come out to our weather! Yay!!!! I love you.