Friday, September 19, 2008

This Just Stinks!!!!!!!!

Okay, so this is seriously such a funny story that I really felt I should share with y'all. So Cleo went hunting last weekend (opening weekend) and apparently he got into a bunch of chiggers. For those of you who have never had them, they're miserable to say the least. Anyhow, he probably has at least 100-150 bites all over his body. The only body part that seems to have been spared is his face. He was itching so bad that he had scabs and even bruises because he rubbed so hard. We read on the internet about them and it said that the more you itch, the worse they get because apparently they burrow in further or something like that and the poison gets in deeper. He had been using calamine lotion (left over from my poison ivy/oak episode!) but was still itching desperately. He was at work the other day and was talking to a lady who has lived here all her life and she told him about this lotion called SARNA, said it was the best thing ever for chiggers, poison oak, etc. and to go get some at the drugstore. So he stops at the drugstore on his way home from work--plops down $12 and buys the lotion. He's so excited to get home and shower and put this on thinking "this is gonna make me feel so much better". Well he got home, showered and had me come into the bathroom to get the lotion to all the spots he couldn't see or reach. Well, let me just tell you that as soon as I squirted the lotion onto my hands, I about gagged. It is loaded with campho and menthol and smells so antiseptic. You know, the smell that you always thought was bad perfume on the little old ladies, well it's not--I'm quite sure it's this lotion!! Apparently it's supposed to be really good for dry skin as well and that's probably why this lady knew so much about it. We were laughing so hard when I was rubbing it on him and I was calling him Ethel because now he smelled just like a little old lady. Well, the next morning I had to strip the bed and wash everything because I just couldn't get rid of the smell. I then took Febreze and sprayed everything that I couldn't throw in the washer. Our bedroom seriously smelled like an old folks home. But the funniest part of it all is that it didn't even work as good as the calamine lotion, so not only did he waste $12, but we both had to endure that horrible smell all night long.

6 comments:

Haggard Case said...

Wow. I feel his pain. Only someone that has suffered with those demons can know what they do to a person and their sanity. I was in a similar situation a bit ago myself. I was up in the middle of the night and found these guys. I thought I had tried everything, but this works. You can thank me later. Enjoy. Did I say it works.
http://www.chigger-treatment.com

and they tell you a lot more than just how to stop the itch to.

Cisneros Family said...

That sounds terrible, and there is nothing worse than an old folks home smell. I am so sorry. Poor Kev.
Nice job on shooting the bow. I am very impressed.

Zach and Sara said...

I'm a little surprised you slept in the same bed to be honest. I can't imagine smelling that all night. But that's the wife you are, if poor dad has to smell it all night why shouldn't you! So sweet. I hope he's done with the itching, it doesn't sound fun. Love you guys.

Starla said...

Oh boy, that is a funny story! Poor Kevin, (and you) I hope that the itching is gone! I love reading your blog and hearing all of your funny stories. We hope all is well and that Kevin is still feeling well!

Audrey said...

That's funny! I had a good laugh at Cleo's expense! Hee hee hee! :) There's not much that's worse than chiggers! Those things are mean! Ask Matt and Tom! :)

Lesli said...

ha ha ha poor KEv but that story put a smile on my face. I hope that the smell paid off in the long run! I can only imagine the look on kev's face. LOL