Monday, September 1, 2008

You Might be a Redneck if.....


You might be a redneck if you wear suspenders instead of a belt to hold up your trousers!!! Don't you just love the look on him?
We took this Labor Day literally and "labored" in the yard once again. Cleo and I went to LaGrange on Friday afternoon and picked up a chipper. He got busy that evening and started to chip up some of the trees he had cut down earlier this summer. I did help a little by dragging some of the limbs closer to the chipper for him. On Saturday, I "labored" thru the heat and went to an arts/crafts festival with a friend of mine while Cleo stayed home and finished the chipping. I thought it was a completely fair trade, especially when he told me that he had found another copperhead snake (could've been the same one from the "painting" incident) at the bottom of one of the wood piles along with a box turtle. The turtle took off for the woods as soon as he was uncovered, but the snake just kinda sat there, so needless to say, he was beheaded and put thru the chipper---I know, gross, huh? I was really glad I missed that whole thing. On Sunday morning, we started spreading the wood chips around the shed area. We finished it up this morning and it really looks pretty good. It's fun to see a project from start to finish.

This is the wood pile where the turltle and snake were found!!



This was my contribution to the project.


We went over to some friends house yesterday afternoon/evening for a bbq. They just moved here from south Florida (Cleo used to work with him at Kiewit). They have a pool in their backyard, but we just watched the kids swim. Their were 2 other couples there as well so we had lots of conversation and PLENTY of food as well. I really feel like I've done nothing but eat all summer! We are just going to spend the rest of today relaxing and then it's back to work for Cleo tomorrow after he was off most of last week due to the rains from Tropical Storm Fay. It rained for almost 6 days straight and they had 6 inches of rain on his job, so there really wasn't anything his crews could do. I hope each of you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.



8 comments:

Zach and Sara said...

Well, I'd say the good news is that dad didn't almost cut is leg off this time. Mama, I think you are making great contributions to the yard and it looks great because of it. Well done. Sounds like you guys had a busy but fun filled weekend. Tell dad for Christmas I'm sending him suspenders to match all his shoes. He'll look fabulous. I love you guys!!

Meg said...

From behind I think he looks just like grandpa with tehs suspsendors... LOL!! ANd what a hottie you are working away in the yard!

Lesli said...

Ha ha I am so happy that Uncle Kev wears suspendors. It really made my day! You tell him that Lesli likes them and that he should wear them everday!!
You guys are so tan! (I just thought I would add that in because I am very jealous of your weather. it looks beautiful there!

Rasmussens said...

I love you guys backyard. I love Uncle Kev in his suspenders. Tell him they make him look hot!! Just kidding. Love and miss you guys tons.

Cisneros Family said...

You guys seriously need a vacation. You work too much. Kev looks great in the overalls. The yard is looking great. We might need a vacation to come and see it. :)

Zach and Sara said...

Okay, it's official. I have made a new post. And it even talks about me cooking. It's true, I cooked. I sure do love you!!!

Audrey said...

:) It looks like uncle Cleo has given up! :) As long as he wasn't wearing socks with sandles! Hee hee hee. Yeah we hope nothing comes this way this weekend either. Our tree that got his in May by lightning just offically died and we haven't had it cut down yet. it's like 10 feet from our front door. Yikes! (Long story why it hasn't been cut yet) so keep your fingers crossed it's still standing next week and not in our living room. Love ya Aud

Zach and Sara said...

Ok, so we seriously need to talk. Suddenly i'm feeling a little guilty for what might be about to happen. Was that proper sentance? Anyway, I'm fearing that if you don't post those pictures of you with the crossbow I just might have to. You might be a redneck if...
Come on mom, it's just you embracing your new life with my redneck father on your new farmland. I say farmland because I sense dad's next journey is going to be sheep hearding...