Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Hunting We Will Go!!

Well, I never thought I'd see this day! Cleo FINALLY convinced me to go hunting with him. I guess what finally pushed me over the edge was the fact that it's right in our backyard and I'm not stuck in the wilderness for hours without a bathroom! Cleo told me before he left for work yesterday morning that we would go when he got home from work last night, so to be prepared. Well in preparation for the big hunt, I didn't put on any lotion, body spray, hair spray, etc. so that the deer wouldn't pick up my scent (whatever!) but I did draw the line with the deodorant. I mean come on, if I use it the deer can smell it, if I don't use it they'll smell b.o. so you tell me what's worse?? I put on my cute camo pants (thanks Sara) and was ready to go at 5:00. I was a little disturbed that I didn't have a long sleeve shirt that matched my pants (I'll work on that) but it was still warm enough for short sleeves. So we headed down the trail behind the house to where Cleo and Jarod have a deer blind set up.
Cleo was leading the way. Doesn't he look good in camo????

This is just a look at the woods we had to walk thru. It's sooo thick down there and really kinda creepy---I was just thankful it was still daylight and I could see what I was walking thru.


This is the deer blind--I think it's so cute and would make a fun kids tent!! but I guess that's not what it's intended for. I am holding the crossbow, but there is ABSOLUTELY no way I could've pulled the trigger if a deer had come into the clearing. Maybe someday Cleo will convince me to do that, but until I can actually eat the dang deer meat and get "Bambi" out of my head that will never happen.




It looks like I'm really aiming for something, but it was just a great pose for a picture-HAHAHA.




I thought my camo pants blended in really well with the deer blind---now I just have to work on the shirt. I really have looked, but they just don't make cute hunting clothes for females. I know it shouldn't be about style, but a girls gotta look good, right???




You can't really tell, but this picture is of tracks. Cleo was trying to teach me how to track a deer and we came across these--they were actually raccoon tracks. We did stumble onto some deer poop and Cleo picked it up (GROSS!) and squeezed it to see if it was fresh. I was so grossed out and started to gag and then of course he was telling me that I needed to be quiet or I'd scare the deer off. Well, anyhow I didn't get a picture of him actually doing that, but you get the picture, right?
We had a really fun evening and I can't actually believe I went down in those woods with him. After seeing that snake earlier this summer, I swore I wouldn't go back down there, but I always feel safe with Cleo and I know that he'd never lead me directly into danger. We didn't see a thing but at least now I can say I've been hunting. I don't know if I'll ever go with him to the place where he has his treestand set up because it's over by where he works and not close to a bathroom, but stranger things have happened so stay tuned.






11 comments:

IdahoBringhurst's said...

Hunting season it is! We are getting ready to go ourselves this week. I remember the good ol days hunting with the Cheney's!

Zach and Sara said...

Ok, I cannot handle this post. I want to say i'm laughing so hard right now but I can't. You look soooo cute in your outfit. I love it! You were made to be a hunter. And to top it off you already have a tent for Jarod and Lindsey's twins! I don't blame you for not wanting to shoot bambi...I wouldn't either. I love you!!

Angie said...

I'm loving this post!!! You are one hot hunting lady I have to say! Super cute and love the poses! Way to go cleo!! I wouldn't shoot bambi as well...that's so sad! But you shoot your heart out cleo..no sense in ruining everyone else fun! :-)

Marcy Cheney said...

This comment is to Gary (comment on last blog entry) and Angie---I'm glad that you found my blog (I Think!) but could you please identify yourselves? It's just a little weird to me that someone would post a comment that doesn't know us, so I'd like to know who you are so if we're old friends and lost touch, we could reconnect.

Kenny and Janelle said...

Hey guys, I've been looking through your blog and remembering some of those good old days. You all look great.

Kenny and Janelle Carroll

Audrey said...

Looking hot in those camo pants! :) Sounds like you had some fun. :)

Cisneros Family said...

You are the cutest hunter ever. So I go hunting every year. My boss takes Cam, myself, and his wife, every year. We have our own tags, but have never shot a deer. Secretly, I never really want to, but I kind of enjoy going. We use rifles though. Bows would be hard. Well you are a great wife to go, and by far the cutest.

Shari Loveless said...

Ok now don't die of shock KEVIN! This is Shari Loveless, and I have finally found you. I saw Marcey had left a note on one of ours, and I have been trying to find you. Snoop around long enough and Bam here you are. You look alot like your dad and your family is beautiful. Good luck with your health issues. Love, Shari

Stacie said...

What a fun thing to do together. Marcy you are the cutest hunter I have ever seen. You make hunting look really good. Have fun in the woods.

Audrey said...

We had a blast! It's a whole different level of getting to know each other, things we never knew about each other when we were younger. She couldn't stress enough how much she loves you and miss you guys. :) She said that you are one of her best friends. She miss you a ton. She is such a crack up. The kids just loved her! Landon asked when she's coming again. I hope all is well with you today! Miss you guys lots. Love Audrey

Rasmussens said...

YOu are one hot hunter. How fun for you guys. We sure miss you guys. Please tell Jared hello.