Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stone Mountain Park

This is the skyline of Atlanta from the top of Stone Mountain. It was kinda hazy on Saturday when we were up there, but it was still an amazing view. Cleo and I took my niece Camille on Saturday and had a great day. It was really hot but a good time nonetheless. We really wanted to go on the newly opened SkyWalk, but the wait was 120 minutes (for those of you who don't do math, that's 2 hours!) and with temps reaching almost 100, it was just too dang hot to stand in the sun to wait our turn. We did ride the tram to the top and hung out up there where temps were about 10 degrees cooler. It's always so much fun to do different things, and one of these days I'd like to hike up to the top instead of riding the tram, but until I'm in shape I don't really feel the need to punish my body like that!
Camille and I in front of the "face" of Stone Mountain.

While taking pics of Camille and I, these 2 "older" ladies came up to Cleo and asked if he'd like for them to take a picture of all 3 of us. He said, "That would be nice, I'm just her (marcy) pack mule and do what I'm told and then once in awhile she feeds me a little grain and pats me on the butt". I thought they would die laughing and they just couldn't quit smiling--I think he made their day and after that he, of course, had to flirt just a little. Is that in the genes of all the Cheney men??


Cleo and Camille hamming it up for the camera!

It was a great day and after leaving there, we went to eat at a new Mexican restaurant here in Newnan. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun--they had a "one man band" in the bar area and you could pretty much hear him from wherever you were sitting. He wasn't bad at all and we'll definately go back again.

2 comments:

Rasmussens said...

Looks so pretty. I hope you guys had a great anniversary. I still remember the first time I met you. We all loved you then and still love you now.

Cisneros Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are wonderful. I really wish we could see you more, but the blog world is a great way to keep in touch. I love reading all of your adventures, and looking at your pictures. Love you guys.