Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbye Camille...

My niece Camille left today after spending 2 weeks with Cleo and I. We really enjoyed having her here, but have to admit that a good deal of the time, we didn't really know she was here. I have never seen one person who could sleep so much and I must admit that I am a bit jealous. I have the worst sleeping habits EVER and am always amazed by people who actually get more than 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep at a time.

We enjoyed her last weekend here by going to Rib Fest '08 up at Jarod and Lindseys house on Saturday afternoon. Jarod thinks he cooks the best ribs ever and so does his friend Aaron, so they decided to have a cook off to see who did the best. I will admit they were both good, but Jarods were much better! He cooks baby back ribs, which to me are the best and his friend cooks country style and they just have too much fat on them for my liking. There was sooo much food...ribs, beans, homemade baked macaroni and cheese, salad, chips, dip, munchies, homemade cupcakes, cookies, and homemade banana pudding. I guess you could say it's just a typical southern menu!! Camille stayed the night at Jarods and Cleo and I left before the cornhole tournament got under way. Jarod and Camille were partners and apparently got their butts kicked, but I think they all had a good time.

We met up with them on Sunday for the Braves game. Lets just say the Braves weren't in their best form and pretty much looked like the Bad News Bears so we didn't stay for the entire game. I think the final score was 15-6!!! We did, however, get stay long enough to see Bobby Cox have a "discussion" with the umpire and of course he was "asked" to leave which always makes for good entertainment. GO BRAVES............

Our house will be quiet now for about 2 1/2 weeks and then we will have Grandma and Grandpa Cheney and Tommy and Cindy here. We just love having company and are hoping to get our patio extension poured this weekend so we can have lots of room when they're here.


Hope you had fun with us Camille and you're welcome back any time. We love you....

1 comment:

Meg said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your niece. I guess I need to come visit so I can be spoiled to by you guys :-) Miss ya.