Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just another beautiful weekend...

I know it seems that some of you in the blogging world are getting a little tired of blogging, I on the other hand, never seem to tire of blogging...or reading blogs...or blog stalking! It would seem to some that our life is an open book and I just hope that y'all enjoy the read.

We have had an absolutely gorgeous weekend here and we'd much rather be outside doing something in our yard than sitting in the house. We have a couple spots in our grass that aren't looking so good, so I had a brilliant idea to go to the new house up the road where they had just laid sod and pick up some of their scraps. So Cleo hooked up the wagon for me and off I went up the street.
Nothing runs like a Deere...
And off I go.....but in the end, the scraps weren't super healthy and Cleo decided we would be better off going and buying a few plugs. So into the woods the scraps went and that was the end of that idea (sounded like a good way to save a few bucks to me!). Since the wagon was already hooked up, I headed off to look for rocks for the firepit area. I found some pretty good ones that were being used in a manmade culvert to divert water on a back road...OOPS!!! I didn't take that many and I'm sure they'll never miss them, nor will it cause any flooding. I brought them home, unloaded them and Cleo put them around the firepit he had dug a while back. I think it turned out pretty nice and I will continue to "pick up" a few every once in a while to build it up a bit more.

This is what it looks like now...it will be so much fun to roast hotdogs and s'mores on when our granddaughters come to visit.


This is the whole firepit area, with some large stumps as seating. We hope to build or buy a picnic bench soon so that we can enjoy cooking around the campfire and eating in the woods. The grass that Cleo planted about a month ago is starting to really fill in the area and now you can walk around without getting muddy or walking on stumps everywhere.
We really enjoy our "country living" and know that it may sound boring to some...but, IT IS WHAT IT IS and we LOVE IT!!!



5 comments:

Shari Loveless said...

Well your place is very beautiful, and it looks like fun. Nothing like making your place like you want it. Wish you were closer and we would come roast a hot dog with you. take care. love Shari

Rasmussens said...

I love your yard. So excited to see you soon. travel safe!

Words from Tammys' world said...

TO MARCY'S WORLD FROM TAMI'S WORLD HAVE A GREAT DAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, LOVE YA

Overstreet Fam said...

I love it.... Launa and tei are gonna have loads of fun.... KISSES!

Lesli said...

Ah can dan and I come live with you guys? We can just camp in your back yard. ha ha love you guys and I am super excited to see you soon!
Love you lots and please be careful traveling.