Friday, June 26, 2009

Bates Motel???

So at the Cheney Reunion this past weekend most everyone camped but since we had to fly to get there and had no camping gear, we stayed in a hotel. First a little background info...Suzan researched the accomodations on the internet and sent me the link. There was one that was an "apartment style" that could sleep up to 8 people and so our family decided this would be perfect for us and we could all stay in the same place, save a little money and have some quality bonding time. The pictures on the internet made it look so cute and cozy even though it was a little old....yeah right!!! Sue and I went and checked in...she got her room...we got ours and she did talk them down $20 so that was good...but I'm beginning to wonder if they should've paid us to stay there! Our son in law Zach is NOT a camper at all, but after seeing the room, he said he would rather camp so that just goes to show ya exactly how bad the room was...sorry Zach!! This was the ceiling...I think they were going for a cloud scene
Electrical outlet beside our bed...pretty sure it broke a few fire codes

The main (and only) bathroom


Does this look safe to you?



Entry way....probably the nicest part of the whole deal!!




Cori, Sara and Zach outside the hotel/apartment or whatever it really is





This wheelchair was inside one of the closets and it was just really creepy. If you look close enough at the crumbling wallpaper I'm pretty sure you can see an "aura" of something...





Once again, my camera had a mind of it's own...but then again it could've been the man in the wheelchair casting his evil around (aka Uncle Brent).
We laughed so hard at this hotel/apartment and had a good time despite the conditions. Sue and Brents room was much smaller than ours, but had just as many flaws. I really think the owners should renovate or possibly condemn these rooms because the next occupants might not have such a sense of humor! But seriously Sue you did a great job for what you had to work with. We sure love you guys and wish we could've spent more time together. Hope y'all enjoy the pictures and get a good laugh from them





3 comments:

Zach and Sara said...

Oh man, these pictures are already taking me back. Zach and I had to sleep with our light at least until the sun came up. All because dad planned the night out...I think it ended with only Cori and the girls survival. Sure gave us something to laugh about! At least I can say the motel made you sick, it wasn't me! I love you guys.

Overstreet Fam said...

This is good. I think we all need to write our own vision and outcome of the weekend and have the stories and pics published. haha

Rasmussens said...

My mom said it was a little scary where you guys stayed. I love it. I so missed all you guys and was looking forward to seeing you. It sounds like a great time was had. My girls loved you and Kev and your kids. Thanks for playing with them. Have fun with your grand girls. Hope we get to see you soon!