Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!!

Tomorrow is Lindseys' birthday (our beautiful daughter in law) so to help her celebrate, Cleo and I went up to Atlanta last night and took her and Jarod out to dinner at our favorite Mexican Restaurant "Los Bravos". We eat up there whenever we get a chance and this was a perfect opportunity to enjoy good food and good company. Jarod had told me a while back that Lindsey was always stealing his cozy made for him by Grandma Cheney years ago, so I thought it was time she got her own. Now, I wish I could say that I made this beautiful pink NC State cozy for her but that would just be a lie!!! My good friend Alison made it for me and she did a beautiful job and Lindsey loved it. It has the NC State logo all over it in pink and then pink flannel on the reverse side so it will be nice and cozy and I don't think Jarod will be stealing this one from her...what with it being pink and all (what a plan, huh??).
This is a close up of the material...isn't it cute??

I ordered cupcakes from a great bakery here in Newnan called Sweet Sensations, but we were all so full after dinner that we didn't eat one. I hope that you enjoy them Lindsey and let me know if they're any good.


And then of course there's Georgia (Jarod and Lindseys' golden retriever). She is pretty much a "princess dog" and loves attention and she does like to pose for a picture so of course I couldn't leave her out of this blog. She is a sweet dog and a really good "practice in parenting" for Jarod and Lindsey.
Cleo and I hope that you have a wonderful birthday weekend Lindsey and hope that you enjoy your surprise today that Jarod has planned for you. We had a great time with y'all last night and we love you very much.



3 comments:

Meg said...

That was so thoughtful of you!! Sounds like such a fun night!

Zach and Sara said...

Oh, I love the blanket! You picked great material. I don't know that Jarod won't steal it form her though. Dad never could get enough of my girly red and girl blue one! Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there. I miss you and love you tons.

Cisneros Family said...

Happy be-lated Birthday Lindsey! Would you please pass that on to her, thanks!! How are you guys? I hope all is well. Miss you and love you!!