Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Transplant Surgery

The day is almost here...Kidney Transplant Time...Friday the 14th at 7:30 am! We have known for awhile that this day would come and we look forward, with great relief, to Cleo getting his new, healthy kidney. Of course with any surgery, there can be risks, but we both have a very peaceful and calm feeling about this surgery and have a lot of faith in the surgical team at Piedmont. They are among the top hospitals in the country and above the national average in successful kidney transplants. Cleo will be admitted tomorrow and have a central line inserted as well as lots of pre-op tests. I have my pre-op at the Transplant Clinic tomorrow, but then don't have to be at the hospital until Friday at 5:00 am...ugh (I'm not a morning person!).

We are so blessed to have such a large, supportive family who will help us both through our recovery process. We love you all so much and appreciate, more than words can express, your prayers and love for us. This wouldn't really be possible without each of you. We are also grateful to have many wonderful friends, especially here in the Newnan area, who will help us through the next couple weeks and months.

Cleo...I love you more than I can ever express in words and look forward to Forever and Always with you.

I've put just a few of my favorite pictures of Cleo on this post and I hope that he will be hunting, fishing and playing on a beach in Mexico (or somewhere else tropical) very soon.

Turkey shot in the woods behind our house
Fishing at Mexico Beach, FL

Beach in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...Pretty sure there was a little hottie to the right of him..LOL!!



First day of our Puerto Vallarta trip...2008


1 comment:

Faith said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both, Marcy.