Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

I've been trying for 2 days to upload pictures so I can do this blog update, but for some reason they aren't loading. So, I will just do this update and put the pictures on FB!!

Sara, Zach and Kenleigh flew out from Utah this year and spent Christmas with us. It was so magical to have a little one around...she really did "light up our world"! There's just something about the innocence of little ones to remind us what this season is really all about. We really enjoyed having all 3 of them here for a week.

Cleo and I went to Christmas Eve candlelight service at 11 pm and then it was time for "Santa" to arrive with his gifts. It's been a lot of years since he's left anything, other than stocking stuffers, at this house...lol!! So on Christmas morning we woke and enjoyed watching Kenleigh with her gifts from Santa. We then ate homemade french toast and bacon, looked in our stockings and waited for Jarod and Lindsey to arrive. They got here around 11:30 (it started snowing as soon as they arrived!) and we opened gifts. I think everyone did pretty well, and Kenleigh couldn't have cared less about opening gifts. She was perfectly content to play with my old cell phone..haha! We had a nice ham dinner and then just relaxed. Jarod and Lindsey decided to leave early as the snow had kind of turned to freezing rain and the roads were starting to get slick...they wanted to get home before dark. Cleo, Zach, Sara and I played games for hours after Kenleigh went to bed. It was lots of fun and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

On Monday, we met Jarod and Lindsey in ATL and all went to the Georgia Aquarium. It was lots of fun. Kenleigh did pretty dang good and I think she enjoyed it, but I'm pretty sure the grown ups enjoyed it more :) When we got home, Grandpa decked Kenleigh out in all her camo so they could explore a little. I'm not gonna lie, she was pretty dang cute and she loved it (she wouldn't let her Mommy take it off for quite awhile after coming inside). It was pretty cold outside and there was still a little snow so they didn't get to go into the woods for very long, but she LOVES being outside and she really loves her Grandpa so the combination was perfect. That evening, we just chilled and Sara got them all packed to head home. Cleo took them to the airport early Tuesday morning--I hate that part--and they arrived safely in SLC later that morning.

Thank you Zach, Sara and Kenleigh for making the long trip out and making this Christmas extra special for Dad and I. We love you tons and can't wait to see y'all again soon.

Hope everyone had a magical Christmas and that you'll have a happy and healthy 2011.

1 comment:

Zach and Sara said...

Oh, what a sweet blog! The part about your cell phone made me laugh. I forgot about that. I do think she's having withdrawls. She carried that thing with her for a week straight. I had so much fun the night we stayed up and played games. I realized I get competative and I told Zach I can't do sports so i'm not that way but when it comes to something I can actually play I'm bringing out the big guns. We had so much fun spending the week with you. Wish it were longer and wish we lived closer. I love you guys!!!