Monday, September 7, 2009

Pig Roast...YUMMY!!!

Jarod and Lindsey came down yesterday afternoon for a pig roast...and I gotta tell ya it was really YUMMY!!! Seriously, I was a bit nervous to eat the pig that Cleo killed last weekend. I mean, a wild pig...come on now that's just wrong. Considering where they live and what they eat how good could it be? Well, I was WRONG, it was really good and come to find out they are fed corn along with their regular diet (of who knows what?). We had to buy a new grill a couple weeks ago and we got the spit attachment and Cleo grilled it slow (about 4-5 hrs) and basted it with bbq sauce. He also grilled corn on the cob and it was the best. Doesn't this look too good???
Just call him Emeril...he did such a good job that I now think he can take over the cooking duties full time at our house. He was very glad that I liked the pig as he now thinks he will be able to go on another pig hunt...silly guy! Jarod and Lindsey spent the night and we really just had a very relaxing time with them. Thanks for coming down guyz!!! Hope y'all are having a great Labor Day.

6 comments:

Shari Loveless said...

Wow, that is amazing you hunted them. At least you eat them too, glad you had such a great time. Shari

Rasmussens said...

I love that you ate Pig! You are guys are silly. Hope all is well.

Audrey said...

LOOKS SOOOO YUMMY! Hope you saved me some! :)

Overstreet Fam said...

I wish I were there to eat it too. Miss you guys!

grams said...

SO GLAD YOU GOT TO GO SEE KENLEIGH. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR GETTING HOME AND SEEING PICTURES. LOVE YA

Zach and Sara said...

Ah, it feels SO good to sit down and catch up on blogs. Very happy to be reading yours. The pig does gross me out though, can't lie! :)