Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Guys Getaway

The first weekend that I was gone to New York, Cleo went on a fishing trip to Mexico Beach, Florida with a bunch of guys he works with. I think he said it was like a 4-5 hour drive down there on Friday night and then they had to get up super early Sat. morning for a 2 hour boat ride out to the fishing area. They fished all day and then had a 2 hour boat ride back and then back home to Georgia...Whew, makes me tired thinking about all that. He had a great time and they caught lots of fish. The crew on the boat gutted and cleaned all the fish and then filleted them all for ya, so all Cleo had to do when he got home was divide it into freezer bags. We have a ton of fish in the freezer now and are looking forward to grilling some this weekend...YUMMY!!! This is Cleo with the Amberjack he caught. He said it took 20-25 minutes to reel them in and his arms were pretty sore the next morning. What a hoot....
Red snapper and grouper caught and ready to clean.

The "Massana Gang" with all their catch. I'm really glad Cleo was able to go so he didn't have to sit home and miss me too much...hahaha! Hopefully, they will make this an annual event and he can go again next year.


4 comments:

Rasmussens said...

I am glad that you both got some guys and girls time. We get to go to New York in November. Don't you love that place? Hope all is well.

Audrey said...

Looks like you both had a great time! :) Sorry Face Book has taken over, only because it's easy to update. But I'm almost done with studying at nights come September. And I'm going to get back to blogging! I like blogging for the reason it's more personal and journal like. We would love to see you guys out this way again! Hopefully we'll be able to make it out there too! Miss you tons. love ya Audrey

Zach and Sara said...

Dad said he really took some dramamine, I would imagine this to be a good thing. Talk about fun! I can't believe some of the fish the get to see. Luckies. Good think you don't mind eating fish!

Meg said...

I think making it an annual trip is a great idea, but next year it's to the big apple!!