Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fun weekend with Extended Family

Stacie, Whit and their 4 beautiful little girls came down this past weekend from NC to visit us and we had a wonderful time. It meant a lot to both Cleo and I that they would make that 6 hour drive (especially with 4 little ones!) and just "hang out" with us. We really didn't do much, except go bowling on Saturday afternoon which was a hoot. I did post some pics of that fun, but I purposely left out the pics of our scores!!! That's because little Eliza beat us all!!! We decided that the next time we go, the adults need the ramps and bumpers and maybe, just maybe, that would increase our scores as well!!!

Stacie and I were able to get away for about an hour that morning to run over to a little consignment store that I just love and we both found some incredible bargains. I think she ended up with an LL Bean (I think that was the brand) down vest for around $7 or $8 bucks and it looked like brand new. I found a pair of jeans and some cords that were also like brand new and looked as if they'd never been worn. I really love a bargain. And you know what they say, "one mans trash is another mans treasure". So true.

Once again, I just want to say "Thank You" to Stacie and Whit for making the trip down here. We love you guys and you have a beautiful family.























































3 comments:

Rasmussens said...

Sounds like alot of fun. Sure wished we lived closer. Hopefully this summer. I don't know much about the reunion. I know my parents are working on it. I will let you know if I hear anything. I know they are trying to keep it in June.

Tami said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds like you all had a great time! I just wish it would of been me! Love ya

Zach and Sara said...

Ok so clearly I've been out of blogging heaven for some time and in sickness hell. Why would anyone choose hell over heaven...and you could say it was a choice for me. Ugh. So I really love the pictures of Stacey's family. She has the cutest kids. She has the cutest family. Looks like you guys had so much fun. When Zach wins the lottery (not me because i'm unlucky in gambling) we'll be moving next door..by next door I mean the bedroom next door, until our house is built next to your! Love you!!