Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mid~Terms

Last week marked the mid term for this semester of school...SERIOUSLY, that time flew by. I won't even try and lie and tell you that it's been easy. In fact, the first 2 weeks of school, I was so stressed out wondering what the heck I had just gotten myself into. I was so far outside my comfort zone that my stomach was in knots and I lost almost 5 pounds that first week. And then I thought, okay if I can lose a few pounds in this process, maybe this will be worth it after all, LOL;) Sadly, the 5 pounds found their way back to me in the weeks since.

Cleo has been working in Arkansas since the week after I started school and he only gets to come home every other weekend. This gives me the house all to myself and plenty of quiet time to study and complete assignments. BUT, I hate being home alone. I need someone to talk to and complain to or even just someone to give me positive reinforcement or tell me I'm overreacting to a situation and to calm down. Don't get me wrong, Cleo and I talk multiple times daily and he is VERY supportive, but it's just not the same as having him home with me. Judging by me reaction to the first couple weeks of school, I'm almost positive he's glad he wasn't home, haha!!! We hope he will be done in the next couple weeks and home for good...should be home just in time to watch me stress over studying for finals...Lucky Guy;)


So after the first couple weeks, Stella (AKA..Me) found her groove and developed some decent study practices. I was most concerned about my Comp class...those of you who know me, have no doubt heard me refer to myself as "technologically challenged" more than once. I almost dropped the class after week 2, thinking maybe I would just take it next semester when I won't have so many classes and I would have more time to focus on it. I'm so glad I didn't ... my mid-term grade was an A! I am so surprised, but I actually really love this class. I think because it's instant gratification when I can see that I'm doing something correctly and also a lot of the assignments are submitted and graded instantly, so no need to wait a week to get your grades. I also have an A in English and Intro to Health Care, and as near as I can figure I also have an A in Medical Terminology, although he told us last night he doesn't have them figured yet. I expect a lot out of myself and hope to end up with A's in all 4 classes at the end of the semester.


I have found school to be much more rewarding than I had anticipated. I have made a few friends and enjoy being in classes with both younger students, and those closer to my age. I appreciate so much the struggles that others are going through. I watch in awe as these young, and often times single Moms, struggle to keep up with jobs and kids and school. And the older students who have lost jobs and find themselves having to learn new skills to find employment. I love the diversity of the faculty and students and opportunity to meet new people. 


So, with only about 5-6 weeks left in this semester (Yay for a whole week off at Thanksgiving!) I can actually start to breathe...the end of this semester is in sight! Hopefully, I will be bragging on my next post about the straight A's I got...OH SNAP, I probably just jinxed myself;)

No comments: