Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wyoming Trip

Cleo and I were able to fly to Casper, WY last week to visit with my family.  We flew out of Atlanta on Saturday morning...Cleo almost had a "melt down" at the airport...BUT,  we made the flight and arrived in Casper around 1:30 in the afternoon;)  It was kind of cold (by Georgia standards!) and windy but it wouldn't be Wyoming without the wind, right??  My parents picked us up at the airport and we then met up with my sister and her hubby and both my brothers and their wives and had a nice, relaxing lunch at a local sports bar/restaurant.  It was nice to catch up with everyone.  We all went to Mom and Dads afterwards and had a really great time.  Cleo and I were a bit tired and went to bed around 10:00 (midnight to us, but yeah we wussed out!).

Sunday morning everyone (sans Shannon...yup, I ratted on ya girl, lol!) came back to Mom and Dads and my brother in law Ron cooked breakfast for everyone.  He brought his big ole grill all the way from Rock Springs for just this occasion...Show Off, HAHA!!  But seriously, it was delish and very filling.  We just chilled the rest of the day and then went to Jeff and Sandys' house Sunday night for a BBQ.  Jeff grilled the strangest looking ribs I've ever seen...they were super thin, with no fat (which was awesome..I HATE fat on meat!) and marinated in a concoction Sandy made...they were pretty dang good.

Monday...Memorial Day...Ron cooked breakfast AGAIN (I was a good girl today and ate my yogurt instead, LOL).  I got to see my 3 nieces and my great niece and nephew, but for some reason I didn't get any pictures of the family while we were all together:(  It could be that I was running my mouth non-stop and was focusing on creating the memories, not capturing them:)  I did get some random pics which I will post at the end of this blog, but there is none of Pam and Ron, or Shannon or my nieces...DANG it!

Tuesday...finally a nice day...little to no wind and warm temps.  Said goodbye to Pam and Ron as they headed back to Rock Springs.  So glad they were able to come hang with us for the long weekend.  It was a  perfect day for Scott to take us to Glendo Lake and out fishing on his boat.  My nephew Brandon had just finished working and met us in Douglas..it was so great to see him!  Again, Shannon dogged us (LOL, you are seriously never gonna live it down!) So it was just me and "the boys"...Scott, Cleo and Brandon.  Scott rigged up his pole for Cleo, Branden had his own and Scott ended up fishing with Shannons' pink, sparkly pole.  It was the funniest sight to see him with that pole and when I went to take his pic with that pole, somehow he managed to hide it...it figures he was the only one to catch anything the entire afternoon.  It's true...Shannons' blingy fishing pole ROCKS!  I got more pics this day than any of the other days...probably because the boys were fishing and I wasn't...I don't do well when I'm made to be quiet or still, so I played with the camera.  After losing my last phone to a "water accident", I was trying to be so careful not to lose this one in the lake.  It was a great day on Glendo Lake....a big thanks to Scott for taking us out.

That night, Cleo and I took my parents to dinner.  It was nice to have a little time alone with just the 4 of us.  After dinner, we drove around a little to see all the changes to Casper since we were last there and then headed to Menards to pick up some shingle oil for Dads' fence.  Cleo was going to put it on for my Dad on Wednesday, but they didn't carry it...sorry Dad:(  We went back to the house and just relaxed and visited some more.

Wednesday, I met up with a friend from high school who happened to be in the states (she lives in New Zealand),  We hadn't seen each other in more years than I care to mention and we had such a great time catching up over lunch.  Our poor waitress thought we would never order lunch...but she was pretty patient with us and just let us enjoy our visit.  I forgot pictures...AGAIN...as I was running my mouth (imagine that!!).  Thank you Charissa for the wonderul visit and you just never know, one day we may show up on your doorstep in NZ!  Cleo ran a few errands while I was at lunch and then just hung out in Dads' shop with him. My niece, Jessica came up late in the afternoon and took me out for a Mocha Mud at Metro Coffee Shop.  She got me hooked on them when I was there last year.  It was nice to spend a little quality time with her and chat about life.  That evening, we went to watch my great nephew Ashtons' baseball game.  It was so fun watching him play and the smile on his face when he saw us in the stands was priceless.  It took me back to the days of watching Jarod play ball...I miss those days.  This was our last night in Casper and we tried to relish every last moment of it.

 Ashton...Yup, I was cheering for the Yankees!
 Brandon and Cleo...fishing Glendo Lake
 Scott...he just would not let me get a pic of him with the pink bling pole!
 I wasn't really fishing, just holding the pole for Cleo.  That would be his big ole finger at the top of the picture, lol.
 The beautiful sunset...Wyoming is so beautiful.
 Just a little Wyoming wildlife...
 My oldest brother Jeff and I...he had just stopped by on his way home from work.
 The BEST parents a girl could ever ask for (and a pic of Moms beautiful flowers!)...Love you both so much.
It was a very nice, relaxing visit...we had lots of laughs and good times and even though I didn't capture all the memories with pictures, they are etched in my brain for all time.  Thank you to my siblings and their spouses for spending your holiday weekend with us and a huge thank you to my Mom and Dad for the hospitality.  We love you so much and are hoping that you will be able to come out this Fall to Georgia.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Looks like it was a great trip filled with family! I haven't seen you're parents in like 12 years!!! Sure do miss them. It was fun to see a picture of Scott to it's been even longer since I've seen him. Looks like all is well. So glad you guys are doing well. Miss you tons. Xx Aud