Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's Cookin???

Well, in my house it's anybodys' guess anymore!! We had to buy a new grill a few months back and although Cleo does most of the grilling at our house I have been known to grill as well. Our old grill was a gas grill but you could also use charcoal which we did most of the time. So a while back I decided to cook some ribs on the grill...how hard can it be right? I put them on this new rib rack I bought and was so excited to have ribs when Cleo got home from work...but, as you can see by the picture below things didn't turn out so well!! Really, that's an understatement...they completely burned in less than 10 minutes. I'm talkin' when I went to pull them off the racks, they totally disintegrated in my fingertips. I checked and I had the gas on low so I'm not sure what happened. Then last week I decided to try some veggie kabobs and fish on the grill. It was almost the same story...black veggies (not edible) and the fish was pretty crispy as well, although it was edible.

I used to pride myself on being a decent cook but lately this has not only been happening on the grill, but in the kitchen as well. I seem to overcook, burn or just simply ruin the most basic things. Maybe this is secretly my way of getting Cleo to start doing the cooking...LOL...we all know that won't happen!!! Anyhow, I hope this is just a "slump" and things will get back to normal soon..,but if anyone has suggestions on how to improve my cooking skills...DO TELL.

1 comment:

Zach and Sara said...

I can't even believe his blog is coming from you. What is going on? I'm laughing so hard. I love the picture. I think all these things are fluke. :)
your cooking is always sooooo yummy!