Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December Fun

I really love this time of year! Everyone is so festive and happy and it also gives me a time to reflect on all the blessings bestowed upon our family. I also love decorating the Christmas tree (not so much the whole house--but it gets done!). Jarod and Lindsey surprised us with this beautiful Christmas tree they cut down up in Cashiers, NC. It actually sat in the garage for 2 days as Cleo and I both caught colds the last day in Mexico and we just didn't feel like putting it up, but once it was up, I had a lot of fun decorating it. Thanks Jarod and Lindsey for thinking of us. Sorry the picture is so blurry--but I retook it 3 times and that's just how it turned out!
This is a picture of the wall in our family room that I had painted this week. It turned out beautiful and really added to the character of the room and made the fireplace mantle stand out a bit more.

We also had the painter do the entire dining room as well (same color) and it turned out really good as well.


He also did the half wall beneath the kitchen bar area. I want to eventually have him do the breakfast nook and the entire kitchen the same color, but we needed some warranty work done on those walls from the nailpops, so until that is done, we didn't want to have it painted. I really wish I could do the painting myself, but after the fiasco with the trim around the shed, I don't think that would be such a good idea :~o The painter we hired had done several of the neighbors houses and did such a good job at a very reasonable price that we just decided that was the only way it would get done. Anyhow, that is what we've been up to this December and now we're just looking forward to spending Christmas with Jarod and Lindsey and some of our friends who recently moved up here from Miami. Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.



1 comment:

Zach and Sara said...

I LOVE the paint. That was such a good idea! Look at you getting so brave. I had so much fun talking to you this morning...AND I can't wait to see you this summer...;)
i'm jealous you guys have a real tree, we didn't even put one up this year. Maybe next time. Love you guys!