Thursday, August 14, 2008

Family Time

It's Thursday morning and I just dropped Grandpa and Grandma Cheney at the Atlanta airport. We had a good time with everyone and was really glad they were able to come out and see our new home and also to see that Cleo is doing fine and feeling good. Tom and Cindy left on Monday morning and we were sad to see them go, but had fun with them. We went to Calloway Gardens on Saturday and spent the day there and in Pine Mountain just walking around and browsing the antique shops, eating lunch at a cute little restaurant and then had a "BIG" ice cream before heading home. Jarod and Lindsey came out on Sunday afternoon and Jarod cooked his famous ribs for us. It was a pretty laid back afternoon and the food was, of course, yummy! On Monday, Tom and Cindy had to head back to Houston and Cleo had to work so I took Grandpa and Grandma out to see his job and then we did a little shopping. When we got home, Grandma was trying to help by getting some things out of the trunk of the car while I got the mail and Grandpa was getting things out of the car. Anyhow, she backed up and tripped on the small incline in the garage. I could see her falling---the mail flew from my hands---but by the time I could run up the driveway it was all over with and she had fallen on the concrete. She twisted her knee, landing on her "bum" and hurting her right wrist. She "toughed" it out that night and the next day, but by Wednesday she was hurting pretty good so while Cleo and his Dad were off to see Jarods' job I took Grandma to the urgent care. To our surprise, they wouldn't accept Medicare so we had to go to the emergency room. Two hours later and many xrays later, they put a soft/semi hard splint on her wrist and said they couldn't tell because of the swelling if there was a break or not. She is to follow up with an orthopedic dr in 5-7 days and have it re-xrayed after the swelling goes down. Nice way to end their trip, huh???

Calloway Gardens

The Gang at Calloway Gardens


What's wrong with this picture? Leave it to Tommy to find the easy way around...


Sunday afternoon in the backyard



We couldn't get all 8 of us in the picture at once, so had to do 2 takes. Tom and Cindy agreed to be the official photographers and give up their spots one at a time



The big cast.
I sure appreciate all you did for us while you were here Grandpa. He was so gracious and hung my windchimes for me on the back patio, cut a few weeds in the woods for Cleo and hung a picture for me in the breakfast room. He's pretty handy and I could put him to work...which is why I'm sure he was glad to leave!!!! Cleo and I are both glad you were all able to come spend a little time with us. We love you all and hope you get home safely. It's now time to "get back to normal" and quit eating so much. Why is it that when we're with family all we do is eat??? I'm off to Florida next week for my dr. appt and to spend a few days with my friend Tammy. Before you know it, summer will be over so we will take full advantage of what's left of it. Hope all is good with the rest of ya.....





2 comments:

Zach and Sara said...

How sad....my comment didn't save. Looks and sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there. That's so sad that grandma fell and hurt herself. I'm glad you got some family time though. I love you!

Rasmussens said...

Poor grandma, but how we love her. Looks like you had a great time. We saw Grams and Gramps this weekend and it sounds like you all had a great time. Miss you guys and glad to hear uncle Kev is doiong good.